- About Us
- Class Schedule
- Costs & Financial Aid
- Faculty & Staff
- Health Science Programs
- Nursing Programs
- Student Resources
Applying to the Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) Program
Admission Policy, ASN Program
In addition to admission to the university, all lower division degree-seeking students must formally apply for admission to the College of Nursing undergraduate program. Applicants must complete the following for acceptance into the program.
ASN Application Process
- New ASN students must first apply to SBU Online – or print and complete the SBU-Springfield Admission Application.
Print, complete and return the application to:
Attention: ASN Admissions
Mercy College of Nursing of SBU
4431 S. Fremont
Springfield, MO 65804
Students Applying to the ASN Program
- Review and complete the ASN Program Checklist
- Applicants who have applied to the ASN program in the past but were not selected and wish to be considered again for admission must reapply to the ASN program but are not required to pay the application fee after the initial application.
- Attend a mandatory information meeting about the admission requirements at the College of Nursing at 4431 S. Fremont in Springfield. These meetings are open and do not require a reservation. These meetings are held every Wednesday at 4 p.m.
- Complete computerized admission testing at the College of Nursing prior to the due date for applications. The testing is offered every second and third Tuesday of the month at 8:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. You must register for the testing at least one week in advance. You may register in person at the College of Nursing or you may call (417) 820-2098 to register. No testing is offered in January or August. Test content covers math, science, reading, and writing. Test preparation guides are available on reserve in the Mercy College library. More detailed information is offered in the mandatory information meeting.
Mercy College of Nursing utilizes an open application process, but preference is given to those students who meet these application deadlines:
- Fall (August): January 15 of same year
- Spring (January): August 15 of same year